Tuesday, April 20, 2021

A Lucky Man

 Worked at the greenhouse for an hour before my back/hip seized up.  Managed to move a load of sod and dirt.  Looks like I won't be back to the greenhouse until Thursday - had planned to abstain tomorrow anyway due to the snow in the forecast.

---------------------------------------------------------

Monumental birthday coming up tomorrow.  A lady I know is getting really old! (Don't tell her I said that.)

I don't remember if I've shared the following with you before (an age issue of my own) but I think it's an appropriate time.

 I’M A LUCKY MAN

·        To have been born in Canada, a free, democratic, resource rich country

·        To have not faced discrimination and hatred based on race, colour or creed

·        To have food, housing, transportation and health care as givens

·        To have been born to parents who were loving, hardworking, honest and responsible

·        To have been raised to believe in fair play, honesty, hard work, accountability, achievement

·        To have been offered employment at Dofasco after my father’s death and be given the opportunity to progress through hard work and dedication despite lacking a formal university degree

·        To have good friends to trust and rely upon

·        To be loved by my children and grandchildren

·        To have found Mardi after my marriage ended

·        To be able to be physically active at my “advanced” age

·        To have enough financial resources to enjoy my retirement, whether golfing, travelling, working or just relaxing

·        Although I awake to discomfort every morning, I relish each day. 


I    I thank my lucky stars that both Mardi and I both knew Ed Strecker and that, when he asked me to support his daughter's autism dance and I told him that my marriage had ended, he suggested that I call Mardi.  It's been seventeen years of "wedded" bliss.  Thanks Ed.  

TTHANKS MARDI!  Love you!  We'll celebrate tomorrow.

--------------------------------------------------------    Stay well everyone.






















No comments:

Post a Comment