Happy 27th birthday to grandson Sean, one of my favourite co-workers. He watches out for my health and safety at the greenhouse.
He's going to enjoy those Raisin Tarts that Mardi sent - sorry Al, that's the end of the batch.
Have a great day Sean!
----------------------------------------------------
Trying to be efficient with the jobs at the greenhouse, and I've settled on a circle route of four projects that have a symbiotic relationship.
First up, I am removing dirt and vegetation from a portion of a front garden that I am abandoning. We'll keep the Day Lilys, but the rest became too labour intensive to maintain due to the invasive field grasses that root sideways underground.
The second project is to take that dirt to the hill behind the rink. It was too steep to cut with the mower, so I'm filling in to ease the grade.Next, I stop at the rink on the return trip to pick up some of the pieces of broken boards and take them to the dumpster.Then, to the pine trees to remove sod, which goes back to the starting point out front and the process begins again.
The whole cycle takes less than an hour. Once the garden section is resodded, the sod I remove will go to finish the hill behind the rink.
As he reads this, David is probably shaking his head and saying to himself, "oh well, it amuses the old man and keeps him out of my hair".
---------------------------------------------------
The Blue Jays dropped their last two games to the Texas Rangers, leaving them with a 3 and 3 record. Some rough edges yet, but they're going to be OK.
---------------------------------------------------
Stay well.





No comments:
Post a Comment