Headed to the greenhouse in the rain, not to work, but to meet Malcolm for advice on the wheel spacers. More about that in a minute.
David pointed out the new pet at the greenhouse.
We assume he came in with some tropicals from Mexico. Jake now has some competition, but I don't think the gecko can sing like Jake.
---------------------------------------------------------
Malcolm measured my rims, figured out the size of spacers needed, and ordered them online for me.
The problem is that the hole in the middle of the rim is bigger than the seating ring on the hub. So "hub centric rings" are required to make up the difference and provide a stabilizing seating for the rim. Otherwise the lugs are taking all the punishment from road bumps and could fail. You're never too old to learn new things!Malcolm and I will meet again when the rings arrive - he's offered to do the installation for me.
I'm not going to mention the tire shop that I previously frequented (Barbara and Jo-Ann will know them) but I won't be going back. That Mr. Lube shop will be my go-to place in future.
----------------------------------------------------------
Sven is stewing right now. The forecast for tomorrow doesn't look good and golf carts will probably not be allowed out. But he doesn't want to recommend cancelling because he's looked foolish in the past when he went by the weather forecast, stayed home, and heard from me about how we got a full 18 holes in.
The truth of the matter is that he's hoping for rain - he really doesn't want to face the Northern Puffers, those yellow shirt wearing champions.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Remember, you don't stop laughing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop laughing.
Smile Sven. Stay well everybody.


No comments:
Post a Comment