Thursday, March 18, 2021

A Winter Job

First item of business is to wish Mardi's cousin, Jill Prentice, a happy birthday.  All the best!

Second item is to wish the same for Sylvie Couture, Steve and Bonnie's granddaughter, on her ninth birthday.

----------------------------------------------

Took the feather in to the Picture Palace to have it properly framed (ready in two weeks) and then headed for the greenhouse.

The Easter Lily frenzy is underway.  David has a crew of temps boxing them for shipment and continues to make trips to the freezer.  Controlled chaos!

With just 10 days to go until needle time I don't want to mix in with the outsiders so I attempted to move some sod from around the trees along the driveway.  That didn't last long - the shovel hit frozen ground about an inch down.  Maybe by this weekend it will be possible.

But, I do have another small job.  The front half of the driveway has been paved, but the back half is still gravel.  When the driveway was plowed by the winter roads maintenance and snow removal crew, i.e. David, some gravel got picked up and it was all dumped in several spots along the side of the driveway on the grass.  Now that the snow has melted the gravel remains. I'll have to spend a bit of time raking it back off the grass.  Maybe tomorrow.

----------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to Rick Hillier for the job he has done on the vaccine project.  Not his fault that Canada doesn't have its own vaccine production facility.  

Stay well.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Bud. Birthday wishes from friends and family near and far are the best! I was humbled to be remembered by so many today!

    ReplyDelete