Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Farming

 They found another bench at the greenhouse, so today I painted it and then packed up the paint, brush and turpentine (the last benches were steel and needed Tremclad).

The mild temperature today (my van registered 20C) was, no doubt, welcomed by most of you, but it created a bit of havoc at the greenhouse.  The lilies are maturing faster than David's crew can get them on carts so he can transport them to the cooler.  Just one of the joys of farming, a profession for which I would not have the temperament.  Every time David triumphs over one of nature's, or man's, disasters my admiration for what he has accomplished grows.

------------------------------------------------

Since this is tax season, I'm forwarding an item sent to me by Dave Jewett.

-------------------------------------------------------

We're a day closer to being vaccinated (whenever that may be) so stay safe.  Stay well.


No comments:

Post a Comment