Thursday, March 4, 2021

"The Firm"

A beautiful day, and as David Feherty said at the Arnold Palmer Invitational in Orlando, "The only way you could ruin a day like this is to play golf." 

But, instead, I stayed home today and finished painting the buffet/hutch.  Now I just need to replace the hardware and then wait for a strong back to show up and help me put the top section back in place.

-----------------------------------------------

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am quite ambivalent about the monarchy these days.  The Queen has had a long, decent reign, but "the firm" is an anachronism in today's world, and she is somewhat hidebound in her approach to her family situations - remember how she treated Diana, and is now treating Harry and Meghan.

She says that now they aren't in the Royal family, they can't do charitable work.  If that is true for them, I guess I should give up my Optimist Club activities as well. 

Just because they are descended from ancient German warlords doesn't make the "Royal family" that special!

You can think what you want about Harry and Meghan, but surely they deserve some freedom to be real people.  Their upcoming interview with Oprah has been scheduled for some time, but now the crummy British press is asking if they should be doing this when Prince Phillip is in hospital.  Give me a break!

And now they're checking into whether Meghan was a bully.  If you were subject to crap from the stuffy, racist "Royal" staff, perhaps you'd be pushing back too.

When Charles becomes King, I think the whole deck of cards is going to collapse.

In the meantime, how about Harry for Governor General?

--------------------------------------------------

Meantime, Qanon is rescheduling the crowning of Trump.

Stay well.  Stay sane.


No comments:

Post a Comment