Headed to the greenhouse to see if the Snowy Owl that David talked about was around. Headed to the back of the property and took Jake along for the walk.
Didn't see a darn thing, except for some Canada Geese overhead. But the salt lick has had some visitors. It's considerably smaller than when David placed it here.
I did hear a Killdeer call. Won't be long before they lay their eggs on the barren ground. Fortunately they pick a relatively infertile spot so I can spot and avoid them when I'm cutting the grass.
The garden centre is getting more plants, and they're being displayed on some of the benches that I painted. Things are taking shape.
These last two pictures look a little cloudy. I was having some difficulty keeping them from fogging up after coming in from the cold. Sorry.
---------------------------------------------------
"Attended" an Optimist meeting with Mardi tonight via Zoom. We got kudos for selling six cards for the Ham Roll. Second best was four cards. Thanks for your support.
Two high school students read essays they had written for the Optimist Essay contest. We should be getting copies of them soon and I will pass along the one that finished higher at the District level. It was very well done.
---------------------------------------------------
Another eleven days and we're 80% protected from the virus. Feels good.
Stay well.
No comments:
Post a Comment