Today we played another very nice course, The Legends of Clermont. The Clermont area is very un-Florida in terms of being hilly and The Legends has some substantial elevation changes. It also has a few water features.
The weather was just a touch cool, mainly because of strong winds. And we often saw shots blown off course with unfortunate results.
I took pictures of four holes to demonstrate the terrain.
This is hole #5, a dramatic downhill that makes it appear that your tee shot will fall all the way to the water. The green is a left turn after the row of trees on the left and the water can come into play.
The hole on the other side of the water plays from left to right and features a dramatic uphill blind shot to the green which is behind the trees on the right.
This is the pretty par three #8. You must carry 157 yards from the whites to land on the green. Anything shorter will end up stuck on the hill (or in the water).
The following picture doesn't completely capture the dramatic terrain of hole #13. The hole is a 177 yard carry or you end up in the valley in front and we were directly into the face of the wind. My shot ended up against the fence on the left.
The signature #15 hole is just 126 yards from the whites, but it's two tiered green is a challenge to navigate.
We said hello to Marion and Larry Nasby at their rental home on the 9th hole, but no time for pictures - the foursome behind were pressing.
Despite the wind, Mardi shot a nice 97 and Bob an 83. I was somewhat higher. I think to simplify things I will just report on wins and losses when, and if, I ever win again.
Spent the evening watching CNN discuss Trump. Incredible!
Weather is iffy for the next two days with some rain in the forecast. We plan to go with the weather flow we wake up to.
Day 32 - January 26, 2017 - The Legends of Clermont (1-7)?
ReplyDeleteI don’t know about the rest of your followers partner but I find the running golf stats that were missing from this posting set the tone for what’s to follow.
Sven