First let me expand on that Walmart washroom experience.
Lying awake at 4 a.m. my strange mind tried to deal with the case of the black children (I decided that I can't call them "boys" because that is a somewhat derogatory term to black folks). Assuming that their family is Christian, I am pretty sure that, barring something serious, they will be accepted into Heaven. And then I wondered what would happen to the white supremacists who are against them. I pictured St. Peter saying "You have attended church faithfully, and you have repented your sins, but you have been heard calling Christian natives 'drunken Indians', and Christian Hispanics have been called "rapists and murderers", the small Chinese Christian community has been called "slants and chinks", and the black Christian community has been called "monkeys" and other vile terms which I choose not to repeat.
Those too are sins, which you have refused to repent.
So, why don't you go to Hell?"
St. Peter, you made my day, I thought, as I was finally able to clear my mind and get back to sleep!
At 5:30 a.m. the alarm went off, and it was time to get ready to take Jo-Anne to the airport. We dropped her off at 6:45 a.m., the end of a very enjoyable week. Then, Mardi and I headed for a McDonald's just three kilometres away, returning to the airport cell phone parking lot for a one hour wait for Lois and Bob's plane to arrive.
Back at the resort, we unloaded, then Lois and Mardi did a shop, while Bob and I headed over to the practice area for chipping and putting practice. Matt and I are pupils of Coach Bob's chipping methods, regularly chanting "thank you Bob" after a successful chip shot.
Today, the pupil beat the master at chipping and putting. Alright, so he had been up since 2:30 a.m. Tough! That doesn't factor into the result. I'll take my victories however I can get them!
No pictures today. Tomorrow the four of us play the Reserve here at Orange Lake. I'll take the camera.
Thought provoking musings my friend. It would seem a serious injustice if those who lived their lives in a way that followed the tenets of the major religions but didn’t sign up as members were denied entry through those pearly gates. However that’s an issue for much further down the road. Of more immediate concern is the fact that you and Matt have had the advantage of coach Bob’s chipping expertise. Might there be a coach Bob clinic for the rest of us at some point in the future? You know - just to keep us all on the same page? Great pictures partner!
ReplyDeleteSven