Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Day 29 - January 23, 2018 - (1-6)

Today we played Swiss Fairways for the second time.  My friend Andy Hardy asked how I made out on the second hole (the par three that crosses the water ski channel).  I yanked my tee shot left and it drowned.  Then he asked how Bob made out.  Bob almost made it across, but he had to take his next shot beside me at the drop zone.  He shot a miserable 86 on the day....just 24 shots better than me (see the title of this post to see how I made out today).

I forgot to take my camera, so this is a non-illustrated novel.

After the golf, we picked up Jo-Ann and headed to the discount mall for a bit of shopping.  Then on to Miller's for the 35 shrimp special.  Followed by some cards back at Orange Lake.

The blog will go silent for a day as we head for Niagara Falls, Ontario and the Fallsview Casino.  Short story......Mardi and I have a 30 day out-of-province travel insurance policy.  Our 30 days are up tomorrow, so we are left with the choice of heading home or paying a premium for each additional day we stay away.

By going back to Ontario for a day we can restart the 30 day clock.  For 30 days, the premium would come to over $4,000 for the two of us.  Coming home will cost us about $1,000 - return air fare, car rental, hotel reservation - so we save $3,000 with this short visit back to Ontario.

But, it is still an expense.  So, we decided to turn it into a vacation adventure.  We fly to Buffalo, rent a car and drive to Niagara Falls, make a lot of money at the Casino...or not 😢, get a night's sleep, and then head back to Orange Lake.  That's the plan!!!

Just one carry-on, no camera, no computer....we're travelling light (maybe a winter vest).

We will report back Thursday night (the first version of this post said "Sunday"....it seems like what we're doing is a weekend type of thing I guess).

1 comment:

  1. WOW! That bank fraud is a scary deal. Similar thing happened to Lynn's niece last month.
    Interesting that some friends are afraid to do internet banking because of security threats.
    This was all done with paper!
    hmmmm!

    ReplyDelete