Another quiet day. It had rained overnight and remained cloudy for most of the day.
We watched Jason Day win the golf tournament on the first hole (the sixth playoff hole - the other five were played last evening).
In the afternoon, Bob and I spent a couple of hours at the driving range and the chipping green. We played "games" - chip three balls each at a pin to see who gets closest - chip two balls to a pin and pick one of the balls and putt, counting a win only if you sink it - putt two balls and pick one and putt again. I was losing but reasonably competitive until Bob sunk two 50 footers in the last game and wiped me out.
The ladies had hoped to get a pedicure but couldn't get an appointment, so went shopping instead.
Jo-Ann joined us for dinner at Miller's Ale House and came back to Orange Lake for a game of Hand and Foot. She and I trounced Mardi and Lois.
Tomorrow we golf at Royal St. Cloud, a links type course.
Tomorrow is also the 16th birthday of the twins, Sarah-Jean and Ewen. This computer only has the pictures from this trip, so I will repeat a couple.
Warning: Use extreme caution when visiting the greenhouse this season - they'll be getting their driver's licenses soon. Good luck and best wishes twins!
Bud: Keep good notes on the chipping and putting lessons. Since I can't be there I will count on you passing Bob's wisdom on. Sorry that the weather has not been good enough to golf. I am sure the weather will improve when we arrive.
ReplyDelete