First, some background. The larger timeshare resorts, in order to spread out the housekeeping load, have check-in dates of Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
For our stay at Cypress Pointe, in the three bedroom unit, we were able to get a Saturday start. But, our three week stay in the two bedroom unit at Orange Lake starts this Friday. We booked six nights here in the studio unit to bridge the gap.
Jo-Anne Vanstone will be flying down on Friday to join us for a week. So, you can imagine her surprise when I posted that I would be picking her up on Saturday!
"Been reading the blog. Just to be clear, this Jo-Anne will be waiting a lot longer at a post if you don't pick me up until Sat!"
Jo-Anne, I can't promise you the one minute service we were able to provide for daughter Jo-Ann, but we will definitely be there on Friday!
Boy, the job of a journalist is a lot tougher than I expected.
Comment Section:
I don't know if you folks check out the comments at the end of a posting, so I will reprint a couple of them from yesterday's post.
First, my friend Andy (Gary, Sven, Arnie, Annie) Hardy posted:
You might have gleaned some sympathy partner cept for your narcissistic dialogue. The blue sky and puffy white clouds didn't help either. Some people just never learn. What of the fate of the under achieving clubs? Did your patented club twirl carry them over the water?
To which my friend Barry (Solo-Gill) Kopysh wrote:
My question is actually a question for our friend Sven. Why pray tell would he be commenting on your narcissism and under achievement at 4:15 a.m.
Duh! He can't wait for my scintillating reports Barry.
Disclaimer: I have only thrown a club twice over two rounds so far in 2018.....neither time was on that hole.
Update: I now have the cord to connect my camera to my computer so I can post yesterday's activities.
One of our favourite courses down here over the years has been Remington. We were a bit disappointed last year with its condition, after it had new owners. So, we were optimistic when I received their email stating: Members and Guests Can't Stop Raving about the Improved Course Conditions at Remington Golf Club.
First of all, Remington has a unique driving range. You can aim for the peninsulas jutting out from the right or just blast away over the water.
As you are all well aware, I don't need any practice hitting balls into the water, so we skipped this step.
Walking to the clubhouse we noticed that the "lawn" was dominated by weeds and clover. The Pro Shop sign advised that the staff had the day off, and the young lady at the bar would check us in.
Out on the course, we couldn't stop "Raving" about the conditions.
First, the tee area.
Then, the greens.
The couple we played with, from London, Ontario, told us that the sister course, Kissimmee Bay, was in the same condition.
To be fair, the area was hit by Hurricane Irma and we saw lots of houses with roof repairs underway. This was the only uprooted tree that we saw, so a lot of cleanup work has been done.
Before we leave the golf story, I know you are itching to ask the obvious question, so here is the answer:
After two games in 2018, Bud is now 0-2.
After dinner we took the Hand and Foot board over to Jo-Ann's.
During breaks in the play, the ladies cooked up a supply of beans for Jo-Ann's meals in the coming days.
We played two games. Jo-Ann and I each won one. The card shark was skunked.
That brings us up-to-date. If anything exciting happens with the ladies while they shopped today I will post it. Otherwise, see you tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment