Three birthdays to celebrate today - Ron King, Al Addis and Jo-Anne VanStone. Best wishes to all!
-----------------------------
Mardi and I took a personal day off yesterday. We headed to the Roselawn Theatre in Port Colborne to see "Memories of the Rat Pack". a musical with dialogue. Three excellent singer/actors, with a great orchestra behind them, did a fabulous job of invoking those memories.
There was some audience "participation"........
.............and they stuck around after the show. Here is "Frank Sinatra" showing disbelief at Mardi's 50/50 draw win of $237.
That more than paid for the show, plus our Indonesian dinner at the Smokin' Buddha. Wonderful memories. Great day!
-------------------------------
My operation is scheduled for October 20, after which golf and gardening are ruled out for 4 to 6 weeks. That ends the golf season and, depending upon when the ground freezes, perhaps the gardening. Lawn mowing may be OK - depends on recovery rate.
So, I've decided that next week will end my golf season. I have a list of projects to complete at the greenhouse so I'll concentrate on those while I can.
Today, I fixed a problem that I had previously created. When I redefined the garden under the sign I made it too big at the corners, so I had to remove sod from an area that will become a garden along the tree line.......
...................and use it to fix the corners of this one.
The problem that I was fixing was that I had cut the corner back so far that the mower wouldn't fit between the two gardens. On to other projects next time.
--------------------------------------------
The Tiger-Cats soundly defeated the Argos today. Fun to watch.
And, our Blue Jays trounced the Yankees 10 - 1. Great start to their American League Division Series. Just two more wins to go before they move on. Yeah!
Tomorrow I'm gardening in the morning, watching the Jays game that starts at 3, and then heading to Grimsby for a family dinner at Sue's and David's.
Stay well.





No comments:
Post a Comment