I'm sure that some of you have wondered how and why I still have approval to drive with my cloudy left eye. It all boils down to dominant eye, nature's way of dealing with such problems.
If I close my left eye, my right eye covers about 90% of my field of vision. When I open my left eye, the other 10% appears, but cloudy. If a car was in that corner I would see it, just not be able to tell you make and model. And what I see in the other 90% is what the right eye is seeing.
I just have a couple of problems with my vision. One is the loss of depth perception. That results in me pulling into a parking space and ending up about two feet short of where I think I am. A good problem because it causes me to leave a bit more space.
My biggest problem is with my golf game (which has problems unrelated to my vision). Keeping my head down until the shot has been made means that the ball is on its way before I turn to look at it. And my cloudy left eye is the first to "see" the ball. I end up only picking up about helf of my shots, particularly when I don't hit them straight. So I need seeing eye friends to watch my game.
Golf has not been much of a pleasure for the past six months. It's just for the camaraderie that I show up.
But, I played my last game of 2025 yesterday. Gary suggested that we have a two man competition to determine who would buy the drinks after the game. Then, he suggested that he and Calvin (who can hit the ball about 75 yards farther than the rest of us) should be partners. Sounds fair right? Nice guy!
Calvin walks the course, but for a moment he showed off by riding with Gary and moving his cart ahead by remote control.
Couldn't keep it on the path though so he did walk the rest of the way.
It was sunny but cool, a nice day for Gary and I to finish our season. And Matt and I gladly bought the stacked team a drink.
Just wait until next year when I can see what I'm doing!


No comments:
Post a Comment