Yesterday, we played what may be our last day at Cambridge Golf Club for the year. Our small group's championship day.
That's David peeking over Gary's shoulder. I'm wearing the "Every Child Matters" hat (couldn't wear the tee shirt - they require a collar on the golf course).
Didn't win the championship, but I did get a Dogmeat (closest tee shot on the green on a par 3 that was parred). I marked the spot so the guys who followed would know who to blame.
----------------------------------------------
Went for my pre-op visit to the OCC clinic in Mississauga this morning. A last minute eye check and then I signed my life away, agreeing that a 70% success rate (improvement, but not necessarily perfect) would be just fine thanks. About 30% show no improvement, and 5% have other nasty things happen.
Thank goodness I'm an Optimist! Besides, the Blue Jays succeeded with much worse odds. Bring it on!
It's been six months since my retina and I tried to part company. Vision in the left eye since then has been like looking through thick plastic. They say that improvement may be slow and take another six months. But, hopefully, on the first anniversary of that previous operation things will be back to normal.
Mardi's eye continues to improve, so she should be able to drive me to my appointment on the 20th. Things are looking (a little) up.
And I did wear the tee shirt and hat to the appointment!
-----------------------------------------
Meanwhile, we're still making progress at the greenhouse. Now that the gardens across the hill, and those down front, are in shape it's time to turn our attention to the plantings up the driveway. But I had a couple of hours of weeding to do out back first.
What pray tell is under these weeds?
Voila!
Pumps, motors and grinders. The whole back field that you can see is dedicated to this septic system! What is connected to the field is the equivalent of a two bathroom home - two toilets, two showers, a laundry room, a kitchen sink, and oh yes, a urinal. The Niagara Escarpment Commission and the Town of Grimsby must have assumed that every single garden centre customer would need to pee on each visit when they specified this arrangement. Talk about overkill!





No comments:
Post a Comment