Spent some time at the greenhouse this morning being a sodbuster once again. This is the area that is now being worked on.
When the contractor was installing this drain line he backfilled with heavy red clay. Even the weeds don't like it! So it will be (slowly) fixed. So far I've repaired about ten feet of the project.
--------------------------------------
Then it was time to watch the Blue Jays play their second ALDS game. They were leading 7 - 0 when it was time to head to Sue and David's and we listened to the rest of the game on the radio (and watched the taped game when we got home). Awesome game pitched by the rookie Yesavage, and the score was 12 - 0 when he left the game, but the relievers made it a bit tense, ending 13-7. Nevertheless, the Jays just have to win one of their next three games to move on to the American League Championship.
--------------------------------------
We had a really nice afternoon with family. Here is a picture of a few of them........
....................and a picture of two of my favourite young ladies.
My coworker, Alex (who happens to be Sean's favourite too) and my great granddaughter Rowan.
I was given a special treat by Malcolm at the party, but I didn't sample it because I was driving and David had already asked me to try the Collingwood Distillery Rye that had been recommended to him. So my story about Malcolm's gift will have to wait until our next issue.
Stay well.



No comments:
Post a Comment