I returned to OCC today to have the bandage removed and my eye checked out. Things have definitely improved.
Let's start six months ago when I was pretty well blind in my left eye. Following surgery I could see, but it was like looking through a sheet of gray greenhouse plastic. Shapes and colours, but no detail.
My vision improved every day, in microscopic amounts, to the point that I could almost read the two letters at the top of an eye chart.
Now that the oil has been removed, and water injected (which my body will absorb over time) much more detail has been revealed. I've still got a long way to go but each day should continue to provide improvement.
The doctor advised that the next two weeks are critical - that's when the retina is most likely to detach again. So no physical activity, just take it easy. I'll keep my fingers crossed! Thanks for your thoughts!
-------------------------------------
Blue Jays "blue" it in the 8th inning tonight. Brought in the wrong pitcher, Brendon Little. Now they have to win both games in Toronto to stay alive.
Stay well.
No comments:
Post a Comment