Wednesday, October 15, 2025

Rubber Ducks?

 

The pool at the condo closed on Monday, and the Rubber Ducky did the deed.  That's Mardi in the back row between the two gentlemen (at least I hope they are gentlemen😟).

Mardi has had good fun exercising with her friends most mornings.  She will now have to find another outlet for her energy, although the past few days have sapped that energy as she is fighting off an infection in her left eye, a result of the cataract surgery.

Things seem to be slowly improving now.

And I will have to find an outlet for my energy as well.  I just found out that my eye operation has been moved forward to tomorrow.  So my activity at the greenhouse will be paused for a few weeks.

Managed to cut the lawns today so hopefully that will do the trick until I can get back in harness.  Riding a mower isn't physical exercise is it?

-------------------------------------

The speakers at our Optimist meeting tonight were from New Hope, which is a group that teaches school children to ride bikes.  A lot of poor families, and just about all immigrant families, don't have a bike riding history.  

New Hope coordinates with local schools, grades 4 to 6, and provides training, safety advice, etc in a full day program.  The program is meant to give the kids confidence and mobility freedom.

Mardi and I have bikes that haven't been used for a few years.  They will be given to the organization.

The Optimist Club will consider covering the cost of one of the one day programs at the next Board meeting.  Which reminds me, our annual Turkey Roll is coming up next month and I will be appealing for your support in helping us care for our community.

------------------------------------------

Blue Jays came back to life tonight and trounced the Seattle Mariners.  Maybe we won't have to give up on them after all.

Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment