It was a beautiful day for a drive and light traffic all the way. There was only one car ahead of us in the Nexus line and the conversation, when we drove up, went like this:
- Anything to declare?
- We each bought a bottle at the Duty Free.
- Have a good day.
- Thank you sir!
-------------------------------------
The fall colours have just started on this (south) side of Lake Erie. Should be much better on our return.
Had a moment of nostalgia when we stopped at the West Virginia Welcome Center.
But, the wimp was driving up and down the hill. At Trillium Hill I cut the grass going sideways on a slope like that!
-------------------------------------------
We encountered no driving issues on the trip, but had trouble finding a motel that had rooms. Hadn't considered that a lot of them are full of folks who don't have anywhere to live right now.
We finally found a motel that had two rooms left. The lady at registration said that quite a few rooms are filled with construction workers who are cleaning up after the storm.
She lost five trees in her yard during the storm, but her house was spared.
------------------------------------------
The good news I guess, is that we are an hour closer to South Carolina than I expected. And as I write this, the Crown Royal Northern Harvest Rye, with water, is having its desired result.
Stay well. We are.

No comments:
Post a Comment