It may have been the excitement of leaving on our trip, but I forgot to mention two important birthdays yesterday. To my friends Al Addis and Ron King, belated birthday wishes!
-------------------------------------------
Another beautiful day for a drive. We didn't see any signs of the recent storm on our trip, but two North Carolina interstates that head west from I-77 were both closed.
For quite a few years I golfed at Myrtle Beach with Lyle Tweedle, Jim Barlow and Larry van Berkel, and we enjoyed a game at The Witch Golf Course each year.
Mardi and I had rain checks from our last visit there over four years ago so we intended to use them on this trip.
The website said that the course was closing at the end of this month so, to make sure we could golf, I made The Witch our first stop. But, it looks like they advanced the schedule - the housing development has already started.Sadly, Lyle, Jim and Larry have all passed, and now The Witch has joined them, along with our rain checks.
------------------------------------
Our resort was opened in April. It's lovely.
We have a view of the ocean and the pool.Very nice!





No comments:
Post a Comment