Thursday, October 31, 2024

Happy Hallowe'en

 A few weeks ago, Trillium Hill had a student volunteer helping out.  Braden wanted to get into landscaping, but couldn't find a landscaping company that would take him on.  Probably because he was only available for an hour and a half each morning, and since they're all over the map with their customers, transportation would be an issue.

In any event, I explained to him what this layman had in mind when the various gardens were established, why I picked particular plants, and what mistakes I had made.

In exchange, he widened the perimeter around this tree line area for me.


Now, I need to remove the pile of sod and dirt.  It will be moved to the back field to fill in a couple of tractor ruts.

On the return trip I will pick up some broken bags of soil and use them to smooth out the swale that Mother Nature changed during the flood.

Before the strong wind finally drove me home, I completed about half of each task.


Fortunately (unfortunately for David) we have lots of broken bags available to complete the task.

----------------------------------------

Due to the congestion in the hospitals and the costs of medical tests, your alternative is to pee under a tree and wait for a bit:

-if ants gather, you've got diabetes.

-if the grass dries up, it's high salts.

-if it smells like BBQ, your cholesterol's high.

And if you forget to pull up your pants, you've got Alzheimer's.

----------------------------------------

Spent a few minutes in the lobby tonight watching the goblins come in.


This guy's cute.


And, so are these two.


Other than the high wind, the weather was great for tricking and treating.

Stay well.



No comments:

Post a Comment