Tuesday, October 29, 2024

My Hallowe'en Treat

 Rainy day today so I took the day off.

Besides, this is an important time in my life.  Twenty-one years ago I invited Mardi on our first date (thank you for the intro Ed) which was a golf date at Scenic Woods on Hallowe'en (the weather was warm that year too).  She let me win (I subsequently realized that was a trick), she made dinner, and I helped her hand out candies to the kids.  Then went home in a daze.

We attended a dinner dance to support autism two days later and I was hooked.  Never looked back!  Thank you Mardi!

Interestingly, I first saw Mardi across a room at a party at my secretary's home over twenty years earlier.  Our eyes met, that was it, but on our first date we both remembered that night and both remembered what the other was wearing.  You can't fight destiny!

---------------------------------------

This is my current project at the greenhouse.

Day Lilies in front, Sage behind, both fighting it out with field grass.  Weeds to the left.  That's tomorrow's challenge.

--------------------------------------

Watched Kamala Harris' speech tonight.  Powerful!  I think that she touched all the bases.

Then I watched the World Series game.  Although Freddie Freeman continued to set records by hitting a home run (that's six straight World Series games he's done that) the Dodgers got tromped.  Hopefully, they can complete the series win tomorrow.

Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment