Yesterday was Mardi's niece Gabriella's birthday. Today it's Mardi's brother Steve's. All the best to both.
-------------------------------------
This morning we checked out of the Oceanfront resort and moved across the street to the South Beach resort. Long story short - when I used our expiring credits to book the South Beach resort, I wasn't aware that there was a brand new resort across the street. Their website didn't list it.
When I tried to add our two free nights there was nothing available at South Beach. But the vacation counselor asked if we would like to stay at the Oceanside. If I'd only known, we might have been able to stay there for the whole seven days. Oh well. This resort is beautiful as well, and has some small pools, and it's just a short walk or drive across the street to the other resort to enjoy their pools and the beach.
--------------------------------------
In between stops we headed to Brookgreen Gardens. It's a former plantation that has statuary everywhere.
First stop, lunch. Lobster roll and a glass of wine each - $120 Cdn.
Then it was off for a long walk.
The lady of the plantation was a sculptress and a lot of her creations are featured, as well as dozens of others around the extensive property.
We only saw part of it. But the tickets are good for the week. So we'll be back.
---------------------------------------
Tomorrow we'll try a game of golf.
Stay well.

.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment