Saturday, October 19, 2024

I'm A Lucky Man

 Today, I cut the grass from the road to the back of the greenhouse (I don't like to run the mower down front on Sunday - I'll do the back half tomorrow).  And, I cleared out half of the trench for the drain line (David, I got back to where the short downhill hose joined in).

Tomorrow should complete the trench.  Then, I'll wait until Sean has a young gaffer on staff to help me uncoil the hose and make the connections.  After that it's just landscaping to make sure the elevations are correct and water doesn't collect anywhere.

------------------------------------

While I was working on this for the past two days, my sweetheart was spending time in hospital looking after a friend.  She's my Florence Nightingale (coincidentally, my maternal grandmother was born a Nightingale).


I am lucky man, but I've told you that before.

So, I took her out for dinner to acknowledge what she has done for her friend.

--------------------------------------

Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment