I finished the stone stage just as the rain started today.
Some of that soil will be put back on top of the gravel, but any grading changes will have to wait until spring, when the disturbed ground has settled.
----------------------------------------------
I'm including a download that John Buckley sent out recently.
I don't know about you folks, but I find it incredible that Harris and Trump are still tied in the polls. Hard to believe.
But, if you think about it, it can be understood.
Compare it to our situation here in Canada. I think it is pretty obvious that Pierre Poilievre shares some of the far right idiocy that Trump expounds on. Yet, the polls show that a significant majority plan to vote for him.
The cause? We see our country spiralling into a deep debt crisis with a grossly expanded bureaucracy that seems incapable of running the country properly. So a term with Pierre Poilievre might break that cycle and get us back on better financial ground.
I count my self as a Progressive Conservative, progressive on social issues and conservative on fiscal ones. Unfortunately, that party no longer exists. We are faced with the choice of a left wing party or a right wing party, neither of which will run the country the way I would like to see it run.
So, I along with a lot of others, will vote Conservative in the next election to try to break the current cycle. And then we'll see.
And I think that's what is going on in the U.S. They are deep in debt and have to keep expanding the debt limits. The left leaning Democrats don't seem to know how to change that. So, the electorate will hold their noses and vote for Trump, hoping that somehow he is kept from destroying democracy.
Cross your fingers!
-----------------------------------
Stay well.


No comments:
Post a Comment