As anticipated, today was a great day.
Started with brunch with two of my daughters. Jo-Ann has been spending time with her Mom and Kathryn and the girls joined me for the morning at Sammy's Bar and Grill in Ancaster (gluten free for the girls).
Mardi joined us after church but missed the photo op.
During the meal, Jo-Ann told me that she had snowshoes for me. Gee, I didn't think it would be that cold in Wisconsin over the next few days! Turns out they are for David - whew!
--------------------------------------
After a nice long visit, Mardi and I left Sammy's and headed for the Optimist hall to help Ed Strecker celebrate his 80th birthday.
After showing you that picture, I probably shouldn't admit to knowing Ed for 47 years, since he joined the Club. But we've had golf trips and other events with he and Rose and they are our very good friends.
In another October, nineteen years ago, Ed called me to see if I would be buying tickets, as I had in the past, for the dinner/dance that his daughter Christina was running in support of Autism. I told him I'd love to go, but I was now separated and would need a date. I added, "and if she can golf that would be even better".
Ed thought for a few seconds and said "You know Mardi Bullivant." I had met Mardi at a charity event some years before. He added "She has broken up with her boy friend. Why don't you give her a call?"
Nineteen wonderful years later, THANK YOU ED!!! You're a great matchmaker. Have many more birthdays my friend!
---------------------------------------------
Blue Jays beat the Red Sox again, sweeping their series. Looking good for the playoffs!
Stay well. Have fun.



No comments:
Post a Comment