After a couple of lazy days I returned to the greenhouse today. Worked about 15 minutes - after a couple of days off you can't overdo these things. I wanted to look after a couple of small outdoor jobs with the forklift before the snow flies.
So now I'm off duty again until Monday when the Easter Lily planting begins. Here are the 55,000 half filled pots ready for that project. Most of those will be sold to brokers who will distribute them as far as the southern states - unless Trump's tariffs are still in place and interfere with that sale. Fingers crossed.
And, after that is done there will be another 3,000 Lilies of another variety to be planted.
While I was there I enjoyed a coffee and wandered through the garden centre.
It does lift your spirits to be in the midst of that Christmas colour.
----------------------------------------
We joined Jo-Ann, Kathryn and Anna for dinner at the Banana Leaf restaurant. They'll be leaving for Florida on Friday, so this was our pre-Christmas get-together.
They brought me a beautiful gift from Barbara......
.........a wonderful addition to my native collection.
-------------------------------------------
Then it was off to the Optimist Hall for a joint meeting of area service clubs - the two local Optimist Clubs, Rotary, Lions, Kinsmen, Kiwanis and Little League. A nice night.
Several Optimists attended, including Scarface Strecker.
He claims that he tripped on his deck. Good story!------------------------------------
Stay well.


.jpeg)

No comments:
Post a Comment