Monday, November 4, 2024

The Lazy Gardener

 Today's project was to clean up the Day Lily garden.


These Day Lilys didn't come from Trillium Hill.  They're the common orange guys that you see growing wild along Ontario's roadsides.  I figured that being native plants they would survive without any special attention (a priority requirement for me).  Right on!  For several years the only time that I have spent on this garden is when I prepare it for winter.

The smaller plants to the right are Forget-Me-Nots.  Mother Nature decided to put them there.  I have no idea where they originated, but once again no special treatment required.  I assume that as the Day Lilys spread in that direction the Forget-Me-Nots will have to retreat.  That's their problem, not mine.

And this is how that space looks now as we head into winter.


One more small step for mankind.

-----------------------------------------------

I don't know if I'll be able to keep my fingers crossed all night, but I sure do hope that Kamala can pull off a victory tomorrow.  Trump seems to be acting desperate, which could be a good thing.

If he loses, there may be a civil war. January 6, here we go again!    

They used to hang folks for treason.  Not likely to happen this time but, eventually he may go to jail in disgrace as he deserves.

------------------------------------------------

Stay positive.  Stay well.


No comments:

Post a Comment