Sunday, November 17, 2024

Satisfying Moments

 There are some highlights in your life that are kind of a measurement and mean something special.  Like hiking 70 miles through the high Andes to Machu Picchu at age 69 with Sean, or hiking across the Grand Canyon at age 77 with Ewen, or the other special trips that I made with my grandkids.

In a silly way, yesterday was one of those moments for me.  It started with a flat tire on the mower, so I had to abandon the loaded wagon.  The tire can't be repaired until Monday so I had a choice - quit and go home, or use a wheelbarrow to continue my chores.

Reluctantly, I chose the latter and I'm glad that I did.  As I'm pushing the loaded barrow a hundred yards or more up and down the driveway these last two days, at age 87, I had a similar rush of satisfaction to those other special moments.  I can still do it!  Felt good!

And, despite the setback, I'm making progress.

----------------------------------------

Congratulations to the Toronto Argonauts for their convincing win over the Winnipeg Blue Bombers in the Grey Cup.  And they did it with a second string quarterback and an injured kicker.  Well done!
And for those Hamilton fans who don't like the Argos, just think, if Hamilton hadn't dumped Zack Collaros a few years ago they might have played in some Grey Cup games too 😏.
---------------------------------------
Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment