Wednesday, November 6, 2024

Uncross Your Fingers

 While most of us are dismayed by the election results in the U.S., for Mardi and for me there is a bright side.  If the Democrats had won we would have headed in January to a country where the Republicans where fomenting a civil war.  Since the Republicans won we can count on a sane transfer of power by the Democrats.

It will be an "interesting" time, but presumably non eventful.

------------------------------------

I took a helper bee to the greenhouse today.  Our project was to remove several wagon loads of hay from the rink.


I think that we filled about ten wagon loads.  There may not be ice here this winter, but at least the area will look good.

------------------------------------------------

I  thought that Kamala's speech today was right on.  She accepted the results of the election but noted that the fight for democracy is not over.  I hope she is the candidate next time and that she triumphs.  But, that will only happen if the Democrats manage to get more in tune with what the people want and need.  Not sure if that can happen.  Closer to home, will the Liberals get more in tune with what Canadians want?  Unfortunately, both of those parties seem unlikely to change as much as they should.

But stay positive.  Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment