Friday, November 15, 2024

Clowns and Turkeys

 Steve shared a Turkish Proverb with me:

"If a Clown moves into a palace, he doesn't become a King.
The palace becomes a Circus"

I think we're facing something worse than a circus and would perhaps amend that to read:

"if a criminal moves into a palace, he doesn't become a King.  The palace becomes a crime scene".

--------------------------------------------

When I arrived at the greenhouse today there was a transport with a load of soil to be unloaded.  David and Sean were unavailable, so the old guy started unloading as soon as Mariah undid the strap.  Got a dozen or so skids off the truck before David and Sean returned.



Then it was time to get back to my digging.  Cleaned up another small section of the tree line, enough to use up three bags of mulch.

---------------------------------------------

Tonight it was Turkey Roll time.  Mardi and I sold seven and half cards and we had a winner on all of them.  Congratulations to Al, Steve, Lorena, Calvin, Maureen, Monica, Lenore and yours truly.

The "turkeys" this year are $40 gift cards.  Al and Calvin, I will deliver your prizes at our Christmas luncheon, unless I see you sooner.  Mardi will deliver the rest.

There were some draw prizes as well, and Barb Galina won $50.

But the best part of the night was the turkey races.


I bet on Stuff It,  #6, and he should get stuffed!   Nobody came home a big winner, but we all had an exciting time.

Thanks for the support!

---------------------------------------------

Stay well.



No comments:

Post a Comment