Friday, July 26, 2024

Celebration Of Life

 Did some digging and lawn cutting this morning.  Then, headed home to get cleaned up for the Celebration of Life for Jean.

Barbara, Jo-Ann, David and Kathryn did a great job organizing the event.  It captured the spirit of their mom very well.

Some old guy photobombed this picture of Jo-Ann and Barbara.  Barb looks like she saw that coming.


David and Sean handled the situation much more calmly.  They do clean up well, don't they?


A picture with the grandkids, except for Sarah-Jean and Yancy (and Kyle, more about that later).  Didn't realize that I was that short!


But, we caught S. J. in this picture (the pretty lady in the right foreground).


And Yancy.


And his shy daughter Rowan, with mom Kayt.


Although I had some doubts about showing up, I am glad that I attended.  Proud of the kids for how they honoured their mom, and saw lots of our extended family and some old friends.

But a moment that will likely come to mean even more was a reconciliation with grandson Kyle.


The situation between Kyle's dad and I headed south over the years, although Jean kept supporting him (into his fourth decade).  When Jean and I separated, Kyle followed his dad and aligned himself with her.  And over the years since, we basically lost contact.  We have both regretted that situation and tonight we reconciled.  That was a really good feeling!

We plan to get together again soon.  You'll likely hear about it.

Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment