Monday, December 5, 2022

Happy Easter

As advertised, we started planting the Lilies today.  And completed about 16,000 of the 55,000 total.  Should be finished before the end of the week.

The start of the process............


.........that's Kennie, then Maureen, Mardi, Sean, Brooke, Donna (hiding behind Brooke) with Christine and Matt in the background.

And the end where David and Ewen were putting the trays on the floor.


Our staff included four volunteers.  Mardi, Irene and Maureen worked on getting the bulbs out of the packing soil and getting them ready for the planters............


and Matt tagged the pots as they went by.  David just shakes his head at we silly old farts (relax ladies, I was talking about Matt and me).

I also took a picture of Donna (who was hiding in the group shot) and Jamie.  They and Brooke did the planting.

A very tiring day, but satisfying.  And at a break we checked out the previously planted crop.....


Looking good!  Actually, just one of Monica's ferns.  She's a fern fan.

--------------------------------------------

If I can get out of bed in the morning I'll be back at it.  To be continued...........

Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment