First off, happy birthday wishes to Mardi's niece, Rachelle Couture. All the best!
--------------------------------------------------
Another slow news day today. Mardi took the van to visit her friend Jo-Anne in Burlington for the day so I was stuck at home (ah's and oh's please).
But on Malcolm's birthday yesterday I got reminiscing about the special trips I've taken with my grandkids and decided that I would talk about them on days like today.
When Yancy was young we took family driving trips to Nanaimo, B.C., Los Angeles, and Orlando. And we flew to Hawaii, and to Europe for a 14 country tour in a rented Peugeot van.
Great memories but, unfortunately, my pictures of those trips were taken before I got a computer and they're currently in a big box in storage.
So I'll move on to the personal trips that I started to take when the other kids reached the age of 12 (old enough to appreciate and remember, but still not in the ugly teenage years) and first up is Sean.
We flew to Peru and, after touring Cusco, headed out for a 70 mile hike through the high Andes to Machu Picchu.
.............better than the old man (then 69).
The Inca didn't have the wheel, but they did amazing work with stone tools. You can't slip a piece of paper between the joints and, without cement, they have survived many earthquakes.
And then Sean and I took a flight over the Nazca Lines. I couldn't locate my pictures for this, but the following is typical of what we saw.

No comments:
Post a Comment