Just realized that I neglected to copy the blog over to email on Sunday. This is what you missed (if you're still wasting your time reading this thing).................
Two special people celebrated birthdays today. Niece Robin (that's why sister Judy wasn't available for yard sales yesterday - she's visiting her daughter) and my daughter Jo-Ann. Best wishes go out to both.
--------------------------------------------
Mardi and I played golf at Southern Pines today - a poor excuse for a golf course. It's not in good condition!
Of course, I'm a poor excuse for a golfer these days, so it was a good match 😞. I'm not in good condition either.
----------------------------------------------
While we're on the topic of poor excuses, the Blue Jays were just that today. Dropped two catchable balls in the first inning, due to the sun (and the lack of sun glasses and hustle). Lost 6 - 8 to the Twins.
Glad that we missed watching it due to our golf game! (But they won Monday night's rain delayed game 8 - 0. I went to bed at midnight when they were in the 6th inning and winning 6 - 0.)
----------------------------------------------
Now, back to today. Rain in the forecast, so Mardi didn't go golfing and I didn't go to the greenhouse. Lucky that we still love each other enough to spend the day together indoors.
It also means that I have a thick hide, because we play Skip-Bo when we're stuck here. It's probably time that I shared my pathetic results:
2020 - I had more points in total, but Mardi won 27 games to my 25.
2021 - Mardi beat me 18,690 in points to my 14,995 and 26 to 14 in games.
2022 to-date - Mardi is ahead by 1145 points, which isn't a lot, but she's up 14 games to 6. I obviously need help!
Thankfully, we also do Wordle where I'm a bit ahead. And Mardi won't play Sudoku anymore because I kept winning. But I'm damned if I'm going to give up on Skip-Bo.
----------------------------------------------
Had dinner tonight with Kathryn. First time in quite a while. It's nice to get caught up.
And the Blue Jays had another shutout, beating the Kansas City Royal 7 - 0.
So today was a good day. Stay well.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment