Sunday, June 12, 2022

Pylons and putting

 A big shoutout to Maureen and Matt, who are celebrating their 18th anniversary today.  Mardi and I attended their wedding and count them as best friends.  We've enjoyed golf, card games, and vacations together and we're looking forward to being together again in Florida this coming winter.  Enjoy your day!

--------------------------------------

Cut grass at the greenhouse before the rain chased me home.

Discovered a Killdeer nest along the driveway and marked it with a pylon so that I won't accidentally run over it with the mower.


Four speckled eggs.  That's their routine.

I think that this is the same pair that lost their eggs from the last nest they had just a bit further down the road.  One day there were four eggs, the next day none.  I assume that a coyote discovered the nest.

Coincidentally, I saw a coyote today way out in the back field.  Hope he doesn't make the connection between pylons and nests.

-------------------------------------------

The swallows are starting to return.  Won't be long before they're doing their ballet dives around the mower as I stir up insects for them.

But, this Purple Martin won't be doing any flying.


Not sure what knocked it out of the air, but I left it for nature to deal with it.

-----------------------------------------------------

Blue Jays beat the Tigers, 6 - 0 today.  Back on track.

And Rory McIlroy won the Canadian Open for the second consecutive time (2019 was the first, and the Open was not held during the pandemic).

A popular win for the almost Canadian.  He's been saying all the right things about the Open and about the PGA as the Saudis and Greg Norman throw millions at the tour players to try to improve the Saudi image and hurt the PGA.

The good guys won today. 

--------------------------------------------

Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment