Saturday, June 25, 2022

Moving On

 Thank you for your responses to my story about Jake.  I appreciated them and I'm sure David and family did too.  Jake was the perfect dog for me.  I got to enjoy his love without having any responsibility for his care.  Doesn't get any better than that.

Judy shared the following poem which her husband David wrote after the death of one of their dogs:

He’s gone ahead.  As always.

In your free, and rambling time together,
He was always first.

First down the fresh paths
To a new stand of trees.

First ‘cross the creek, through the meadow,
And up the rise.

Always looking back,
As if to say, 
Come.  Follow me.
I know the way.

He’s just gone ahead,

As always.!

---------------------------------------------

Speaking of Judy, Holy Cow!  My baby sister has turned 70!  I remember the day of her birth.  I was 15, working at Dofasco, and had sympathetic labour pains that day.  All the best Judy!

Needless to say, yard sales took a back seat today.

---------------------------------------------

Mardi and I attended a, long delayed due to Covid, Celebration of Life for Rose Strecker's dad today.  A great tribute to an accomplished man.  Well presented.  Nicely done Rose!

---------------------------------------------

The Cactus is now pretty well in full bloom.  There are only a half dozen florets yet to open.


Quite a show!  Even the cutting that I planted a couple of years ago is joining in.


Apparently, I've got a green, but thorn damaged, thumb.  Amazing how those little hairs can hurt.

-----------------------------------------

The Brewers beat the Jays 5 - 4 today.  Need a new starting pitcher.

Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment