Thursday, June 9, 2022

Left Handed Shovels

 Headed to the greenhouse this morning to work on a garden.

Part of the garden has been cleaned up and looks OK.


At the farthest left part of this garden you can see the Cactus.  It has new leaves and florets growing.  Should be a nice show soon.  Monica, we'll race to see whose Cactus flowers first!

But, the other part of the garden didn't look so good this morning.  Weeds everywhere.


I'm having some fun learning how to use the shovel holding it right handed, but using my left foot.  Ended up on my ass a couple of times when my body couldn't figure out what the hell I was trying to do.

But, I eventually got the hang of it and this garden is ready for planting.  That will happen Saturday - tomorrow we're heading to Elmira to rescue Mardi's car.  And then to the Lighthouse Theatre in Port Dover.


Work lasted about two and half hours before my body told me to smarten up.

Roger asked me yesterday if this leg issue was going to get better.  And the answer is, I don't know.  I have spinal stenosis (narrowing of the nerve channels) and previously had "drop foot".  My right foot hung down and I couldn't move it.  Several weeks with a brace and other nerves managed to take over.  Not as strong, but the foot works mostly OK now.  Still have some numbness in the lower leg.

So, my take on this current situation is that other nerves may eventually take over, but it won't be as strong as before.  And the longer term outlook is that I will have more such issues.  Oh well!  As Mardi says, it's better than the alternative!

---------------------------------------------

Yesterday, when Roger, Judy and I got together at Gage Park, we reminisced about our difficult childhoods, the ups and downs of life, and how we responded to those events.  But, we have all ended up doing well, with wonderful families and in a great country.

As my daughter Kathryn, who has had a more difficult life than any of us says, "only look at the positives, not the negatives.  Don't drag yourself down."

History can't be changed.  But the future can.

--------------------------------------------

I picked Mardi up after her golf and we headed to The Black Forest Inn for dinner with David and Sue.  We then headed to Theatre Aquarius to see Ring of Fire, a Johnny Cash tribute show.

A nice night!

--------------------------------------------
No Blue Jays game.

Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment