Thursday, May 19, 2022

Wildlife

 On the way to the greenhouse we saw a wild turkey crossing the road.


That was the easy part.  It couldn't seem to figure out how to get over the fence.


It was still there when we came back two hours later.

----------------------------------------

While cutting the back field, I saw lots of field mice scurrying to get out of the way of the mower.  Thought to myself that it was time for the coyotes to show up for a feast.  Just a few minutes later, I saw a pair of them and managed to get a picture of this one.

It's a good thing that Jake was at the greenhouse.  He's brave, but at age ten he's no match for a pair of coyotes.  He's already lost half of his tail in a previous encounter.

----------------------------------------------

Speaking of wild life, today is Sue's and David's wedding anniversary.  Thirty-two years!  Sue, I'm sure that the medal is in the mail!

Unfortunately, the pictures of their wedding, taken in our garden, were part of my divorce losses.  I still have the scene in my head - but maybe someone could post a copy of that picture😍.

May the two of you have many more years of wedded bliss!

----------------------------------------------

Blue Jays have an off day, so no loss today.

Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment