Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Hip Hip Hooray

Best wishes to Ed Strecker, who had his hip operation today and is doing fine.  He had a long wait to get to this point because of Covid and a sick doctor - his operation was cancelled and rescheduled twice.  Glad your days of pain will be coming to an end my friend.

------------------------------------------

One of my jobs today was to put a message on the sign.  You are among the first to know:

Cut grass out by the rink and discovered another Killdeer nest.  Right in the road that the tractor uses all the time.


So I placed a bag of soil next to it so that the nest will be noticed and won't get run over.

Mama wasn't happy while I was there.  She put on her death act for me, flapping away like crazy.


The next wildlife sighting was this tranquil scene.


About a dozen geese have settled in this pond.  Fine for now, but when they build their nests and lay their eggs, the male geese will turn into maniacs when you approach.  Ewen was attacked when he was younger, returning up the driveway from school, getting pecked on the head by a gander protecting a nest beside the greenhouse.  

He'll be safe now though because he'll be in the tractor with the cab.  But the mower and I were attacked a couple of years ago and that will be something I'll try to avoid when I'm cutting grass back there next month - no cab for protection, just a cane.

-----------------------------------------------

Blue Jays 8 - St. Louis 1.  That's more like it!

Stay well.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment