Golfed today. The first time since we got home from Florida. Didn't know what to expect with my leg issue. Figured that if I just played the first hole, and then the par 3's, I would be satisfied.
Managed to complete the round! And as I finish my second drink I'm hurting but optimistic. Finished with a 98, which is better than I scored in Florida in February! Mardi is out right now, but I can hear her saying "I told you if you swung easy it would be OK!"
We play for "Dog Meats" on the par threes. You have to drive the green, be closest to the pin, and par the hole. On the 15th hole I drove the green, fairly close to the hole, and I had been putting well all day. So, I stepped up, but stubbed my first attempt and three putted. Crap!
I'll know better tomorrow what price my body will pay for today. But, it felt good to get out again with my buddies. I'm hoping that next week will also go well.
-----------------------------------------------
To complete my sport activity, I got Wordle in 2 and Canuckle in 3.
No Blue Jays game today. Tomorrow they're back in the Bronx.
Stay well.
No comments:
Post a Comment