Saturday, May 14, 2022

Trillium Hill Greeter

 Headed out for the weekly yard sale adventure with two of the ladies I love.  Came up with a couple of significant finds: a new Betty Crocker coffee maker for $5 and a small rocking horse for my great granddaughter Rowan.


Behind them is David's sign message for the day.

The leafs at the greenhouse paid attention to the message, but the Leafs in Tampa Bay didn't.  Despite a valiant effort they're now 19 years without a playoff series win.

But the other Canadian team playing a Tampa Bay team managed to shake off a bad week and came up with a 5 - 1 victory over the Rays.

------------------------------------------

I spent about three hours directing traffic and greeting folks at the greenhouse.  They're all polite and friendly when I'm there and it's a very satisfying time and we chat, wave and thank each other, but if I leave them on their own for a bit they become impatient and start beeping.  Human beings are interesting animals when they're sitting in their cars!

But, it was a worthwhile and enjoyable endeavour.  More cars are fitted into the parking area more quickly and efficiently.  Nobody went away mad due to a parking situation.

Customers love being at the greenhouse and appreciate the assistance and most returned my wave as they left.  Lots of good back and forth - they seem to enjoy watching the old guy wave them around with his cane.  And David sells a lot more product as a result.

I'll be back at it tomorrow.

-------------------------------------------

Stay well.  Shorts weather now.

No comments:

Post a Comment