Friday, June 11, 2021

Today Was A Good Day

 As advertised, I stayed home to greet the Shipton's technician who was checking out the A/C unit.

Turns out that an internal circuit breaker had been turned off.  That could only have been done by a Shipton's technician, presumably during the winter system checkup.  But I'm not going to argue about the $79 service call - it's about $12,000 less than I was afraid we would have to pay!

He arrived earlier than the estimated time and was gone within 15 minutes, so that gave me an opportunity to go the greenhouse.  Watered the baskets and gardens down front for a half hour and then took Jake for a walk back to the escarpment.

David has found a solution to the cars turning around on his growing field.


The red Trilliums are long gone, due to the invasive garlic mustard, but I discovered a nice plant in the shade at the base of the escarpment.


Not sure what it's called - looks like a clematis or wild rose on a grape vine.

-------------------------------------------------

Had a call from Holiday Inn Club Vacations regarding a couple of  complaints I had about which points they had used for our 8 weeks of 2022 vacation bookings.  They conceded on the bigger issue so now we can do the 8 weeks again in 2023.  Great value for our two week investment!

--------------------------------------------------

My third highlight today was at the card table.  Mardi and I didn't play so I didn't lose.  Always look to the positive!

---------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, I should have posted the blog before the Blue Jays game.  They blew it tonight.

Stay positive.  Keep well.



No comments:

Post a Comment