Saturday, June 19, 2021

Father's Day Cactus

 Headed to the greenhouse this morning to cut the grass before the forecasted rain.

Checked out the cactus plants.  The original plant is looking good.


And lots more florets to open up yet.

The baby that I planted this spring looks good too.


More florets to open up there as well.  They're called Canadian Cactus, but I think Father's Day Cactus would be an appropriate name as well.

And the florets that I stuck in earth last year have all now started to sprout.


And the Smoke Bush is starting to smoke as well.  It's a great time of year to enjoy the gardens.


-----------------------------------------------------
Mardi and I were out this afternoon and arrived home to find out that the Blue Jays were down to their last out in the 9th and were losing 7-4.  Here we go again!
But, they filled the bases, got a walk and some hits and ended up scoring 6 runs.  Fun to watch - glad we didn't see the previous 26 outs they made.
-----------------------------------------------------
And then we find out that Canadian Mackenzie Hughes is in a three way tie for the lead in the U.S. Open after three rounds, at 5 under par.
A good day for Canadian sports.
------------------------------------------------------
Stay well.  Happy Father's Day to the dads on the list.


No comments:

Post a Comment