Mardi is moving somewhat better today, to the point that she gave me a couple of hours off to go to the greenhouse. Watered and weeded there.
The Pine trees are just about ready for their annual pruning. Back at the beginning of May the new shoots had not yet started to grow. Now some of them are more than a foot long. If pruned now they'll have a chance to regenerate their buds for next year.
The purpose is to keep them full and balanced. Also to delay the day when we'll have to cut off the top of the trees to avoid conflict with the hydro and phone lines.
I've got one more garden space to clear between two of the trees and then for a few of my days I'll be alternating between cutting grass and pruning pines. May climb a ladder - don't tell Mardi.
---------------------------------------------------
The growing area down front is full of baskets - actually starting to empty.
Now, the guys have the production line filling up the field between the front area and the greenhouse with pots.
The picture that follows is of my "dry" garden.
Most of the plants here don't require watering. Centre left you can see the cactus, which has started flowering. It's offspring, which I removed and stuck in a pot this spring is also in this garden and looks like it will have a spectacular flower show that I will bring to you when it happens.
-----------------------------------------------------
Blue Jays lost another game tonight. Two fielding errors by Panik, a running error by Guererro, and an umpiring error that could have won the Jays the game in the 9th.
------------------------------------------------------
And a P.S. to my friend Gary. Mardi doesn't like peanut butter sandwiches - she eats it off a spoon, which is what she had for breakfast.
Then I summoned my culinary skills. For lunch I got her a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios. For dinner, a warmed up bowl of leftover chili. Simple! This cooking thing is overrated!
--------------------------------------------------------
Go ahead and laugh. It's good for you. Stay well.
No comments:
Post a Comment