Sunday, June 27, 2021

Pumpkin Patch

 Another hot day.  Watered the baskets down front and did some gardening.  Then decided it would be more fun to go home and watch the Blue Jays afternoon game against the Orioles (which the Jays won).

---------------------------------------------------

I'll explain the garden that I've been working on.  As the pine trees grow and spread out, it eventually becomes impossible to drive the mower through the gaps.


So, I remove the sod from around and between the trees.


Next step is to dig out the weeds and grass from under the trees.  Then spread mulch, and you end up with something that looks like this.


------------------------------------------------------

My Trillium garden down front has been commandeered by the boss.  It's now a pumpkin patch.


By this fall, there will be at least three big dents in the Trillium.  The plants David has planted are supposed to yield pumpkins that weigh about a thousand pounds each.

I bet that at least one of them might have to be carved in place.  😖  Will probably be an "inside" job!  😂

Can't wait!  I'll keep you updated as they grow.

--------------------------------------------------------

Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment