Thursday, June 24, 2021

Residential Killing Fields

Pruned the Pine trees as far up as I could reach.  Too windy for ladders, so the tops will have to wait.

Then cut about an acre of grass, watered the baskets and gardens down front, and called it a day

--------------------------------------------------- 

So now they've found 751 unmarked graves at Marieval Indian Residential School in Saskatchewan.  The school apparently had only reported 49 deaths and the church had removed any headstones.

There will, no doubt, be hundreds more discovered at other residential schools.

 What the hell were those Catholic xxxxxxxx thinking?  How could they do this to other human beings?  And they weren't alone - other churches have admitted and apologized for the abuse that occurred.  We don't know yet if they too buried children anonymously.

And Conservative leader Erin O'Toole wants us to ignore the anguish about the unmarked graves and celebrate Canada Day as if they never happened.  Politics and religion - shameful partners.

------------------------------------------------------

Mardi and I met a residential school survivor in the Yukon and listened to his moving story.  He was removed from his family at age six.  Became an alcoholic until recovering in his sixties.

I just can't stay silent anymore.

So, if I have offended anyone and you want to be removed from the mailing list because of my ranting about the above please let me know.  No argument.

Meantime, stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment