Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Thunderstorms Threatening

 Despite the dire warnings from Al "Thunderstorm" Knapp, four of us made the trek to MontHill today.  Al couldn't make it, ostensibly because his arm hurt due to his second vaccination dose, but maybe because he's not sanforized.

We avoided rain, other than some mist like droplets on the second last hole.  However, it was not a memorable day unless you were me.

I golfed terribly, but the other three took pity and golfed even worse!  Even though I was five over my "Honest John" forecast, I was closer than the other three.  Perhaps a couple of pictures will help you to understand.

This is Calvin making his second shot from behind the tees the rest of us used.


And Sven, playing his second shot on a later hole.  His first was from the tees to the left, hit a tree down the way and came back about 75 yards to this position.


Ron King was his usual down the middle self, but he's lost his fringe and putting game so he got crushed too. (It's a real joy being able to frame these results in the best possible light for me!  Not very Saintly, but fun.)

So, I won the Honest John money and Ron and I shared the Dog Meat money.  A good day!  We celebrated, as usual, with a beer. 

----------------------------------------------------

Mardi and I signed up for vaccination shots at Food Basics where they were offering Moderna.  We got an email saying we were "on the list" and they would let us know when we would be able to book an appointment.  So, on the way home I checked (it turns out that we both did) and discovered that they have a clinic on Thursday but it is full and will use up all of their Moderna supply.

So Mardi quickly got us booked at the Winterberry Clinic for tomorrow evening.  Might have to have a drink to celebrate that as well.  The light at the end of the tunnel!

--------------------------------------------------------

In the middle of watching the Blue Jays.  Chicago White Sox just tied it up, so I'm publishing before I get depressed.

Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment