We met Gary and Jill this morning at the St. David's Golf Course. It's a bit of a funky 9 hole layout, but we had fun and will repeat again in the future. That is, we will repeat a visit, but not necessarily repeat the same quality golf game. It was a struggle for me. Not so much for Mardi.
Mardi and I are going with the funny money bets again this year. One dollar for winning a hole plus 25 cents per extra stroke the opponent takes. At one point she had me by $5.00 but I recovered a bit and "only" lost $3.00. Did I tell you we had fun? Not!But there was definitely a highlight! Gary and Jill shared butter tarts with us. Al Knapp please note.
My friend Wayne told me that there is a great fudge outlet in St. David's, but after Gary's butter tarts and Mardi's brownies we had no room for fudge.
A great day spent with good friends.
------------------------------------------------
David has had to put up barriers to the back field. Apparently, some customers think it is a great place to turn around. They're the ones that seemingly can't handle reverse!
I think we'll end up with a gate of some kind across the driveway and barriers to prevent folks from churning up the growing area. Stay tuned.
-------------------------------------------------------
The bad Blue Jays showed up today. Thankfully, golf kept us from seeing most of it.
Stay well.
No comments:
Post a Comment