For several years now, Mardi has been bothered by an occasional pain in her abdomen. At its worst, it had her doubled over. We had figured out that the pain in her ass was me, but this one in her abdomen had everybody stumped.
Two doctors misdiagnosed it as a "fat globule" so she carried on. She finally convinced our family doctor that it needed to be sorted out and he sent her for an ultrasound. What we had suspected all along was confirmed - she had an abdominal hernia.
Today that has been operated on and resolved. Nurse Mardi has returned home to the care of Nurse Bud. In four weeks she can resume golfing, but I'm sure that she will be well enough to play cards by tomorrow. I will "let" her win of course, to help speed up her recovery.
My ultimate sacrifice was to give up golf today so I could look after my love. Probably saved me a lot of money!
------------------------------------------------------
After I dropped Mardi off at the General Hospital, I headed for the greenhouse to keep my mind busy.
The first thing that I noticed was that some needy souls had taken four baskets from the front.
So I replaced them.
Not sure that I would want the thieves to recommend shopping here!
----------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday, David had to put more skids in the way to block the back field. Despite the ones that were there before, a lady chose to head past them into the back field to turn around. When David quizzed her about why she didn't turn in the loading dock area, she said there wasn't enough room (but tractor trailers manage to turn around there ma'am). Maybe she doesn't have a reverse gear! More likely she's missing brain cells.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cogeco has "updated" the system in our building. At the moment that means that we don't have TV reception. Might have to listen to the Blue Jays on the radio tonight.
Sleep well Mardi. Everybody else, stay well.
No comments:
Post a Comment